Reno Rodeo Foundation Community Grants Guidelines
- Requesting organizations may apply annually.
- Application must be complete with all supporting materials to be considered.
- Grant funding may not exceed $5,000 per applicant.
- Only one application per organization shall be considered.
- Organizations receiving grant funding must submit a report, with their current application request if funded in 2017, showing how the money was expended within the year of the grant funding to be considered as an applicant for the 2018 Reno Rodeo Foundation grant cycle.
- Grant funding must not support the organization’s general operating funding.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)3 or a registered non-profit in the State of Nevada.
- Applicant must be a registered non-profit in the State of Nevada in good standing with the Nevada Secretary of State Office.
- Applicant’s program must be aligned with Reno Rodeo Foundation mission, including but not limited to:
– Children with special needs or circumstances
– Related to rodeo or western heritage
– Related to animal husbandry and welfare or horsemanship
10. Priority is given to the applicant with an operating budget less than a million dollars.
11. Program recipients directly benefiting from the grant funding must reside in Northern Nevada.
12. Program shall have a significant impact to the organization.
Please note: General operating requests, salary expense, academic scholarships and travel expenses will not be funded.